Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hello!

Well, here I am. Trying to be gluten-free. I was diagnosed with a gluten-allergy (possibly Celiac, but not tested) on April 7, 2009; exactly a month ago. It has been quite a month with plenty of ups and downs. The best thing is that I feel better already.

I am no expert, but I am trained as a scientist. What that means is that I investigate and analyze (some would say too much) everything. I don’t make decisions or changes lightly. But I am NOT a medical professional. Any experiences that I recount on this blog are just that; my experiences.

I am still learning about what I can and cannot eat. I am also trying to figure out what level of sensitivity I have. Can my body deal with some cross-contamination? Do I need to go all out and have separate utensils and appliances from my gluten-y family? That answer is yet to be determined.

All I know is that I have switched to gluten-free foods within the general guidelines of the Mediterranean diet and I feel so much better.

Please join me as a experiement and play in this new gluen-free world.

Also, I have a rich and wonderful life. I will be including that on here too.

Cheers!

Amy

1 comment: